The Student News Site of Norwalk High School

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk student posts a photo of a weapon on social media

Officials said more information will be available once the case is finalized

Last night a Norwalk Middle School student distributed a “disturbing snapchat” involving an airsoft gun.

This information is according to an email sent to staff and parents by Norwalk Superintendent Shawn Holloway.

The student will not be in school the rest of the week, and additional safety protocols will be taken when this students returns to school, according to the email.

“There is currently no threat to the safety of our buildings, students or staff as it relates to this situation.” Holloway said in the email.

Brad Criswell, Norwalk school resource officer, said on Thursday, Feb. 8,  that more information would be available once the case has been finalized.

In the email, Holloway said that the safety of the schools is the top priority.

“District administration appreciates the work of our local law enforcement and the individuals who reported the incident in such a timely fashion this morning,” he said.

Donate to Norwalk Spear

Your donation will support the student journalists of Norwalk High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.