The Student News Site of Norwalk High School

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Boys basketball team to play at home tonight

Norwalk will face off against Ballard
The Norwalk Warriors Basketball Team practices on Monday, Nov. 27, in the NPECC. The team will play its home opener tonight at 7:45 p.m. against Ballard. (Kyle Erickson)

The Norwalk Boys Basketball Team will play their first home game of the season tonight at 7:45 p.m. in the NPECC.

“First games are not as important as I used to think they were,” said Aaron Pelzer, head coach. “It’s nice to get out there and see what you have but overall there’s not a ton of importance other than finding out that starting point. We typically try to keep it simple for the first game since we only have 10 practices before the first game and build on as the season goes.”

This is Pelzer’s third year as the head coach. He was also the assistant coach for the team for 18 years under Chris Larson, who recently retired. 

After a state tournament appearance last year and a record of 18-3, the Norwalk Boys Basketball Team gets to play their home opener against a Ballard team who had a record of 9-12 last year.

Bentley Bezoni is a senior at Norwalk High School and has played on the varsity team for all four years. 

“I’m excited to be back on the floor with the team and competing again and hopefully get the win,” said Bentley.
“It’s really good to start off well just to see what we’re missing and not missing just from our first game and work on the improvements.” 

Tickets can be purchased at https://www.vancoevents.com/us/eventlist/warriors for $5.

“In general, hopefully we get the win and see where the season will take us,” Bentley said.

Donate to Norwalk Spear

Your donation will support the student journalists of Norwalk High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.