The Student News Site of Norwalk High School

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Students enjoy new Starbucks location in Norwalk

Riley Samuelson
The Starbucks in Norwalk opened January 12, 2024. It is located by the new sports complex and is constantly busy.

The new Starbucks in Norwalk opened on January 12, 2024. Construction started April 24, 2023, and after nine long months, it is now open to the public.

Norwalk senior Quinn Trilk said she loves Starbucks drinks and food, and goes to get coffee multiple times a week. 

“I think I am actually obsessed with Starbucks,” she said. “I love to get their egg bites and vanilla latte.”

Norwalk senior Brooke Kimball says she was anticipating the new opening.

“I was excited for our Starbucks to open so I could go more frequently and have a quick Starbucks trip,” said Kimball.

Norwalk senior Elise Burnett said she likes the homeyness and comfort provided to those who visit the store. 

“The workers are very welcoming and kind, and make customers feel at home in their coffee shop,” said Burnett. 

Burnett said the new location has increased her visits to Starbucks.

“Having this Starbucks in Norwalk has been so good for me,” she said. “I am so glad we have a Starbucks close so I can go whenever I want, and not have to plan it all out to go to a farther location.”

Many students have said that the close location is a deciding factor for them. 

Trilk said she likes the location and how easily accessible it is. 

“It is very convenient having a close Starbucks because I can just get it in the middle of the day and still be to school on time,” said Trilk.

Trilk also said that she enjoys studying and hanging out at Starbucks.

“I love how easy it is to get friends together to study because it is so close,” she said. “It is also easy to spend lots of time there with friends and peers just hanging out together.”

Students also said that Starbucks is a good place for them to relax and study.

Norwalk seniors Elise Burnett (left) and Brooke Kimball sit in the Norwalk Starbucks on Wednesday, May 8. They meet at Starbucks every Wednesday after school to study and talk. (Riley Samuelson)

Senior Ella Sperry said she often goes to Starbucks to prepare for school tests.

“I go to Starbucks every Monday after school with my friend, and we study together for a few hours,” said Sperry. “It helps me be prepared for my classes and tests I have in the upcoming week.”

Starbucks is a beneficial addition to our town and is well enjoyed.

“I am so glad we have a Starbucks for many reasons. I visit at least once a week, but sometimes two or three times a week,” says Kimball. 

Donate to Norwalk Spear

Your donation will support the student journalists of Norwalk High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.