The Student News Site of Norwalk High School

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Girl Scout Cookie Sales

Athena+Overturf+%28left%29+poses+for+a+photo+as+Evelyn+Hoffman%2C+and+Sophie+Lowe+count+money+at+their+cookie+booth%2C+while+in+the+background+Bree+Sammons+holds+a+sign+to+draw+in+customers.+The+cookie+booth+was+on+Sunday%2C+Feb.+11%2C+outside+of+Dollar+General.+The+scouts+are+trying+to+earn+money+for+their+troop+to+go+camping+in+the+summer.+
Sierra Sammons
Athena Overturf (left) poses for a photo as Evelyn Hoffman, and Sophie Lowe count money at their cookie booth, while in the background Bree Sammons holds a sign to draw in customers. The cookie booth was on Sunday, Feb. 11, outside of Dollar General. The scouts are trying to earn money for their troop to go camping in the summer.

It’s Girl Scout cookie season again and members of NHS have a variety of favorite cookies.

“My favorite is Thin Mints, I love Thin Mints,” said Chloe Lynn.

Lynn said she likes to eat her cookies with milk, especially Thin Mints because it’s a good combination.

“I’ve never really bought my cookies,” Lynn said. “They just appear in my house.”

Rylee Campbell said her favorite cookies were Thanks-A-Lots. She said she liked the combination of cookie and chocolate.

“When I was a girl scout we used to get them from us,” she said. “Now we found out my neighbor is a Girl Scout, so sometimes we’ll walk down there and buy cookies.”

Campbell’s said she’s not the only one in her family with a favorite cookie.

“Basically everyone in my family loves Peanut Butter Patties, and my brother loves Lemonades,” Campbell said.

Norwalk teacher Madame Klein said she has a couple different favorites.

“The favorite of my family growing up was the Samoas, and I used to sell them,” she said. “But my secret favorite is Shortbread. They’re addicting.”

Zane Gardner said their favorite is Thin Mints, while their family likes Adventurefuls and S’mores cookies.

“I don’t eat many of them, but I specifically eat the Thin Mints,” they said.

Gardner said they get their cookies online or from their sister, who’s a Girl Scout.

Camryn Stewart said her family gets their cookies from her dad’s work.

“Thin Mints are my family’s favorite, and my favorite is Caramel Delites,” Stewart said. “I like the texture.”

Kerrianne Berry said her family has a few favorites. She said they get their cookies online and from booths at Walmart and Fareway.

“We all like the Thin Mints, Shortbreads, and Peanut Butter Sandwiches,” Berry said. “My favorite is Caramel Delites, they’re just good.”

Cookies this year are $6. To find cookie booths nearby go to girlscouts.org/en/cookies/how-to-buy-cookies.html and in the box that says “Find Cookies” put in the zip code for your area.

Donate to Norwalk Spear

Your donation will support the student journalists of Norwalk High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.