The Student News Site of Norwalk High School

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

New year, new you?

Students share their New Year’s resolutions
Dulguun Batzaya
Freshman Joseph Cerreti does school work in Journalism class on Jan. 11. He said he wants to start working out more and get better grades over the new year.

Get more sleep. Get more exercise. These are just a couple of the New Year’s resolutions Norwalk High School students mentioned as they got ready to kick off the new year.

Sophomore Gavin Briar said that this year he has a goal to do better in school and as an athlete.

“This year I mainly want to get all my stuff and classes done,” he said “Get better grades, stay on task and complete tasks. Become a starter on the baseball team.”

Freshman Joe Cerreti said he wants to take better care of himself in 2024.

“I want to better myself, eat, sleep, feel and do better,” he said. “I didn’t really exercise the year before so I figure one way is by going to the gym. Mainly have a better next semester. I feel like this one wasn’t going as I planned. I wanna start going to the gym more, at least 3 times a week for at least 3 months.” 

Senior Noah Fox said that he doesn’t like New Year’s resolutions.

“I do not like it because most people don’t stick to their resolution,” he said. “They either don’t start or quit. I’m not setting a resolution this year. If I were to set one, I would probably stop procrastinating and finish high school with good grades.”

Cerreti also said one of his personal set goals this year is to save up for a big purchase. 

“I want to up my grades, get my first job and save up for a car,” he said. “Family, friends, will make me stay motivated. Better myself.”

Freshman Nora Reed said her resolution focuses on kindness. 

“Doing a reflection on how I acted in the past, I want to be nicer,” she said. “Just be nicer in general, less judgmental. Have a new mindset. Be nice.”

She also has some personal achievements she plans to accomplish this year. 

“My goal is to work out more and be more active, get better at soccer and learn how to French braid,” Reed said. “I learned how to faux braid last year. Get better at liking more food because I’m a picky eater.”

Donate to Norwalk Spear

Your donation will support the student journalists of Norwalk High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.