The Student News Site of Norwalk High School

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Students had big plans for winter break

Nora Reed
Keegan Johnson does school work in Journalism class in December. He said he wished he could go somewhere tropical for winter break.

Evelyn Rooney- Kozak said that over winter break she would be sledding, hanging out with friends, doing Secret Santa and white elephant, watching lots of Christmas movies, going ice skating, and listening to Christmas music.

“ My favorite Christmas song is ‘Someday at Christmas’ and the most overrated is ‘ Jingle Bells,” she said.

Evelyn is just one of the students at Norwalk High School who was making plans for winter break.

She said there needs to be cold weather; otherwise it doesn’t feel like Christmas.

“Christmas morning I wake up late; it’s snowing all morning and we eat breakfast,” she said. “Then we will open presents and listen to Christmas music. Later that day we will go as a family to see ‘Willy Wonka’ and have relatives over for a nice Christmas dinner.”

Sierra Sammons said that she doesn’t like to listen to Christmas music  because it is annoying and it gets played over and over again.

She said on her Christmas break, she was going to sleep in, play games, hang out and relax. For Christmas she asked for an art kit.

“I like to draw, so I wanted some new supplies,” she said.

She said her favorite Christmas movie is “Home Alone” and for weather she wants cold weather because that’s what she’s used to.

Aiden Petry said  that the best Christmas song is “Jingle Bell Rock,” the most overrated is “All I Want For Christmas is You.” He said he is planning on relaxing over the holidays.

“At home, drinking hot chocolate, and celebrating Christmas,” he said.

His favorite Christmas movie is “The Grinch Stole Christmas,” the Jim Carrey version.

Aiden said he was not asking for any Christmas presents, but was looking forward to the good food.

Joseph Ceretti said that the perfect time to decorate is after Halloween and that cold weather is better for the holidays.

He asked for shoes and clothes for Christmas and his favorite movie is “Home Alone.”

Keegan Johnson said his favorite movie is “Elf.”

“I think it’s a really funny movie,” he said “I’m not happy in the winter so it makes it better.”

Keegan said he would rather be in warm weather for the holidays.

“ I like warm weather,” he said. “I don’t like being cold.”

Donate to Norwalk Spear

Your donation will support the student journalists of Norwalk High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.