The Student News Site of Norwalk High School

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Looking back on Homecoming

Some students attended the fall dance, while others skipped it
Tudor+Dospinescu+%28left%29+and+Dulguun+Batzaya+pose+for+a+photo+in+Pyra+Pizzeria+before+the+Homecoming+Dance+on+Oct.+7.+Some+people+chose+to+go+to+Homecoming+Dance+while+others+did+not.+
Submitted Photo
Tudor Dospinescu (left) and Dulguun Batzaya pose for a photo in Pyra Pizzeria before the Homecoming Dance on Oct. 7. Some people chose to go to Homecoming Dance while others did not.

While most students at Norwalk High School attended the Homecoming Dance last month, there were also students who decided to skip the festivities.

“I didn’t really feel like dressing up or socializing,” said freshman Evee Rooney-Kozak. “I was really tired.”

Freshman Joe Ceretti also said he didn’t go to the dance because he didn’t have anyone to go with.

“My friends didn’t go to the dance either,” he said.

Sophomore Sierra Sammons said she didn’t go to the game or the dance.

“Dances aren’t really my thing,” she said. “They’re really loud and chaotic.”

Other students like Gabby Bussanmas did go to the Homecoming Dance.

The junior said she wore black heels because she didn’t want the shoes to take away from the dress. She curled her hair, took pictures at a park, and went to her friend’s house and ate a spread. 

She went to the dance with her friends and two sisters. After the dance, her friends spent the night at her house. 

“I like being able to dress up and hang out with my friends,” she said.

Bussanmas said she wasn’t nervous for the dance.

“More excited I get to hang out with the people I’m comfortable with,” she said. 

Another student who also went to Homecoming was Taylor Stanley. The senior went to Homecoming with a big group of her friends. Then she went out to eat at Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse.

Stanley said she got a $10 T.J. Maxx dress for Homecoming. She also wore wedges. She said she didn’t think it was necessary to wear heels.

“Wear what you’re comfortable with,” she said. “Some people like to dance and others do their own thing.”

Donate to Norwalk Spear

Your donation will support the student journalists of Norwalk High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.