The Student News Site of Norwalk High School

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Volleyball team to play two Pella schools

First Norwalk will play Pella High School on the road. Then the Warriors will face off against Pella Christian High School at home.
The Norwalk Varsity Volleyball Team breaks down their final huddle during practice on Friday, Sept. 15, in the NPECC. This is the NHS Varsity Team’s last practice before their upcoming game against Pella High School.

Volleyball team to play Pella High School on the road

The Norwalk Varsity Volleyball Team will go on the road to play on Tuesday, Sept. 19, at Pella High School. The game against Pella is set to start at 7:15pm.

The volleyball team is starting off the season breaking records. Offensive hitter Noelle Sutcliffe, senior, set a new school record for career kills in Oskaloosa on Aug 30.

The previous record was set at 899 by Gabby Ridgeway. Tickets for the Pella game on Sept. 19 are $6 for adults and students K-12. 

These tickets can be found at PellaSchools.org. To purchase tickets on the website, select “Activities,” “Athletics,” and then “Buy Event Tickets.” 

-Gabby Bussanmas

Warriors to play at home against Pella Christian High School

The Norwalk Warriors Volleyball Team will play at home at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 26, in the NPECC.

Norwalk has a record of 10-7. Noelle Sutcliffe is the third-best in kills and is also first in kill attempts in the 4A class. Also, Norwalk has Katie Larson in the top 25 in successful serves in 4A. 

Pella Christian currently has a record of 3-6. The Norwalk Warriors recently lost to Indianola and ADM. But they have a chance to rebound at home against Pella Christian.  Tickets are $5 each and are sold at vancoevents.com/us/events/landing/34065

-Kyle Erickson

Donate to Norwalk Spear

Your donation will support the student journalists of Norwalk High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.