The Student News Site of Norwalk High School

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Norwalk Spear

Music, food and knights in shining armor

Weekend features Renaissance Faire and Fridays at the Farm
Jack Shelledy poses in costume at the Sleepy Hollow Renaissance Faire on Sept. 10 as a performer photobombs. The last weekend of the Fall Faire is on Sept. 16 and 17.

Renaissance faire to continue for one last weekend at Sleep Hollow Sports Park

The last weekend of the Sleepy Hollow Renaissance Faire approaches. Between 9am to 5pm on the 16th and 17th of September is your last chance to see the shops, shows, greasy food, and knights in shining armor.

The Fall Faire finishes a three weekend festivity with a theme of Pirates and Steampunk in mind, costing the usual $20 entry fee.

At the faire, you can find all sorts of vendors selling a variety of wares, like armor or jewelry. There are also places to buy food, like pizza or turkey legs. And lastly there are the performers who dance, sing, and fight and joust throughout the day.

-Jack Shelledy

Live music and food trucks are on the docket for two more weeks at Fridays at the Farm

There will be live music and food trucks at Fridays at the Farm from 6 to 9 p.m. on Fridays at Middlebrook Farm in Cumming.

On Sept. 15, the musician will be Royce Johns and the food trucks will be Charlotte’s Kitchen & Fair Food Friday’s. On Sept. 22, the musician will be Brian Herrin and food trucks will be Hotsy Totsy & Hot off the Presses.

The event is free and open to the public. People are invited to bring their own lawn chairs or blankets to the event. The last event for Fridays at the Farm will be Sept. 22.

-Tyler Davis

Donate to Norwalk Spear

Your donation will support the student journalists of Norwalk High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.